Book Baby Trey

Book Baby Trey

Monday, January 25, 2016

We're 3 Months and Rolling Over!!!!


Where has the time gone.  I cannot believe that my little puddin-pop is already 3 months.  It really snuck up on me.  It seems like only yesterday I was in the final stages of pregnancy begging for it all to end and now not only is my baby here but he's growing up so fast.

When we're out everyone talks about how alert he is.  He's been holding his head up for awhile now.  These days he doesn't even really lay it down on my shoulder if I'm up and moving around unless he's sleep.  He wants to see everything that's going on in the world around him.  When I'm engrossed in a conversation he wants to see who I'm talking to and he'll even try and join the conversation with his cooing and a deep-throat-ed yell.

In these pictures above I was able to capture one of his more talkative moments which are happening more and more.  We were at a Dunkin Donuts and he had to attention of almost every patron within ear shot.  They all laughed or smiled and played with him and commented on how attentive he was.  When I told them how old he was I got the usual reaction which was disbelief and shock.

I've gotten this reaction so much that I actually researched the behaviors of 3 month old babies.  I wanted to see if he was moving a little too fast because you know what they say about fast-moving babies.  According to WebMD he seems to be right on schedule.  

Baby Trey is holding his head up with little head bobbing, he doesn't get as startled when he hears a loud noise.  When laying on his stomach he can hold his head up and turn to look in different directions.  He did his first roll-over when he first turned 2 months-old but I don't think he tried to it just happened.  Now it's a little bit more controlled.  He does it so fast and so often now we don't get as excited anymore.  We are more careful about where we lay him down now, knowing he can roll-over.

He's also reaching for things, pulling hair and earrings.  I remember sitting up with him one night and watching him learning how to open and close his hands.  He was reaching out and bringing his hand close to him and realizing that he could do this.  It was an amazing moment.  I almost forgot that it was around 4 am.

My one concern is his sleep habits but after reading that article I realize that I may be to blame.  According to Web-Md at night after you put your baby to sleep if you hear him/her cry you shouldn't immediately go get them.  Well, I do.  The article states that sometimes they usually go right back to sleep.  It also states that if you do have to get them you should keep the lights off and stick to strictly feeding and changing so that they understand night time is for sleeping.

Honestly. I think that I'm so tired at night that when I first hear him make a noise at night it sorta scares me so I jump right up and get him.  But from now on I will definitely give that a try because I really want him to stay asleep at night for more than 4 hours.  

The article also mentions that I should be noticing  a schedule, but honestly I'm still noticing a lot of random sleep times during the day and at night.  I feel so sleep deprived that I don't even care I am just grateful when he falls asleep!

I am looking forward to the times that will come when I can get a full night of sleep and when my day isn't fully consumed with baby talk, diapers and breast-feeding, but these moments are so fleeting and I know this so therefore I will do my best to enjoy every sleepless night and fussy morning because once there gone...there gone.


For more information...on 3 month old baby development.

No comments:

Post a Comment